Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kicking dogs is never on my agenda.

I´m trying to be productive today.  No, I´m not hungover, just...hm.  Who knows?
I get to walk past this every day!

Since my last update I have gotten a job.  It´s a place where I am one of three people who answer phones and questions and has to deal directly with customers.  ...This company is a startup and has been around since about July...of last year.  Yeah.  THAT new!  I really enjoy going to San Francisco every day, and am amused by the things I see there, but I hate that I am gone for about eleven hours per day, due to my commute (public transportation!). ...AND I get to be the cute girl in the office, since I am the only girl under 30 who works there. (there might be one other girl who works there who isn´t..but she´s awful).
The hours aren´t bad, and the other two women I work with are wonderful.  If they weren´t great, then I don´t think I could do my job, not that it´s difficult or anything, just...yeah!
Also, I really enjoy that I work with a lot of VERY attractive nerds.  I´m not sure why I´m attracted to them, but in the past year or so I have realized that THAt is the type of boy I´m after. ...maybe.  There are a lot of other boys who aren´t nerds who I´m attracted to, but I feel like they´re all undercover nerds.

I kicked a dog the other day by accident.  I was in the BART station, and listening to my iPod...and I was sitting down on a circle bench thing and I uncrossed my legs, and kicked a dog while doing so.  It wasn´t hard, but it was enough to make the thing yelp.  It might not have been so bad if the person whose dog it was looked like they were challenged and that this was some kind of service dog.  The loook that the man whose dog it was gave me the scariest look I´ve ever seen.  ...it was a look of a crazy man...not even a man who was crazy with anger.  This man was legit scary.  Anyway!

There are a lot of people constantly campaigning for this or that downtown.  The other day I was walking downtown (incidentally, this was just a few minutes before I kicked the dog in the BART) and saw a campaign worker who was moonwalking.  ...He was saying little things to people as they passed, and he just looked at me and said, ¨nice boots!¨ The thing that was weird about this situation was that he didn´t have any headphones in.  He was just moonwalking and talking at people.

Every day when I am on my way home, I can expect someone or some group of people to be playing instruments or singing near the entrance of the BART that I take home.  It is always fun to see what will be next.  Most of the time people are good.  There have been mariachi-like bands, saxophone soloists, barbershop quartets, people with acoustic guitars and I think that rounds it out so far.  I really enjoy hearing that music.  Every day.

I was sick for a few days this week.  It was awful.  Ex·cru·ci·at·ing pain  was in my mid section and I stayed home from work for two days because of it.  My wonderful roommate was very nice to me those two days. I was really worried by this pain.  It kind of reminded me of these gall bladder attacks that I used to get, but I no longer have a gall bladder.  I feel much better now, though, so life will go on just fine.

I don´t take my artwork very seriously most of the time.  In fact, I like it to be a hobby of mine, and I like to work hard on the pieces that I do, but I´ve only ever done the art for myself.  I recently decided to do a piece for someone else (I HAVE painted things for other people as wedding presents, but never any sort of request of theirs).  A science nerd friend of mine asked me if I would make a calabi-yau for him.  It makes me feel sort of weird to do something so wholly for someone else.  I´m not sure that I like that feeling in my artwork, so at this point I need to make a choice.  Maybe not ¨need¨ but I would like to decide how to...figure out if I want to continue just painting whatever whenever for myself, or if I want to make it a thing to paint for other people...I suppose I should wait to see the end result of this current project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment